Ambitious Kids, Inc., is a non-profit agency providing emergency assistance, after school programs, social services and recreational activities for low-income children and families at risk.
Our mission is to empower kids to embark on a journey to make their dreams take them places they have never been before; enjoying beauty, love and life.
Our vision is a community where kids are confident, respectful and compassionate; letting go of fears and letting their skills, talent and ideas shine.
• Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals;
• Inclusiveness and social justice;
• Transparency, integrity and honesty;
• Responsible stewardship of resources; and,
• Commitment to excellence and to maintaining the public trust.
What We Do
1. Provide resources to the public in regards to educational challenges confronted by children (k-12) who are considered at-risk for educational failure.
2. Promote educational excellence and success for kids ages 5-18yrs.
3. Promote community support and volunteerism.
4. Support individuals and organizations within the community who promote education, and community service.
Please see the members of our group who are helping support schools through ClassWish.org.
Schools We Support
We support these schools:
We provide an avenue of feedback, so volunteers have a way of communicating with decision-makers.
Thank, praise, and celebrate! Verbal "thank you's," thank you notes, small gifts or candy, photos of remembrance, banners of recognition, and bulletin or newsletter appreciation messages are all the ways we make volunteers feel special.
We make volunteers feel welcome, by providing everyone with a nametag to wear at all times.
We familiarize volunteers with the goals, values, and vision for the organization.
These are a few things we do.